Saturday, August 22, 2015

Well… that’s a wrap. Week 12, and still no car. 
I received a call on August 17th. Turns out the Forester I’ve been driving as a loaner has been sold. I was asked to return the vehicle and they would give me something else. Oh, and yeah, the parts for my car were apparently arriving within the next few days.

The next day at around noon, I ventured over to Otto’s and swapped “my” recently sold Forester loaner for an Impreza. Seeing that I was in a relatively good mood I didn’t ask for an update on my car. I didn’t really feel like talking about it after 11 weeks.

Later that same day the service manager called. The parts had arrived and the work would start that Tuesday afternoon. I was told that the car should be fixed by Thursday. I knew that they planned on driving it for a day or two to make sure everything held together. So, with that said, I wasn’t expecting to have it back this week. I thought that maybe they would’ve called to let me know if everything went as planned, but it’s Friday now, so it looks like I won’t be getting any news this week.

Again, take this for what it’s worth. I’m really trying hard to keep this fact based.

I’m a car guy. And not having the new car I bought while it sits at a dealership for the entire summer really drives me crazy. Just be warned…. When things are good, they’re good, but when things go bad? Good luck.

That’s about it for week 12. Let’s see what happens in week 13. I got a bit lazy on this post, I admit that. I just wanted to send an update. More to follow…. 

Cheers,
Alain

No comments:

Post a Comment